Tips for dealing with real estate agents in NSW
Tuesday, 24 November 2020
- Ensure the agent has a licence. Check a real estate agent licence.
- Do some research to understand the going rate for homes for rent or sale and recently sold properties in the area. Property Research
- Read contracts and documents carefully before you sign. Get legal advice from Solicitor / conveyancer and ask for explanations to ensure you understand:
- all costs and what they cover
- any limitations
- lease or settlement time frames and any cooling-off periods.
- Ask yourself whether the property information the agent has given you seems fair and accurate.
- Never sign blank sales authorities, contracts of sale or rental agreements.